Supporting Survivors of Domestic and Sexual Violence!
TURNING POINT INVITES YOU TO...
Boots n Bling 2018
We will have dancing, fabulous food, adult beverages, lots of laughs, and a great time raising funds to stabilize services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
And this year, we have a surprise for you!
Nancy Allen, former prosecutor and author will share some of the wilder side of the work we do!
Nancy Allen is the author of the Ozarks Mystery Series, published by HarperCollins/Witness Impulse. She has the background required to tell the tales; she practiced law for fifteen years as Assistant Missouri Attorney General and Assistant Prosecutor in her native Ozarks. Sheâ€™s tried over thirty jury cases, including murder and sexual offenses, and is now a law professor at Missouri State University, as well as an author of legal thrillers.
Her debut novel, The Code of the Hills, was published in 2014 by HarperCollins. A Killing at the Creek came out in 2015; her third book, The Wages of Sin was released in April, 2016. The Ozarks Mysteries follow the career of Elsie Arnold, a tenacious (but flawed) Ozarks prosecutor.
Nancy is currently co-authoring with James Patterson on a legal thriller to be published in James Patterson's BookShots series for Hachette/Little Brown.
Can't come to Boots n Bling? You can still help!
Unfortunately, for the 362 survivors who received
supportive services and emergency shelter at
Turning Point in the past 12 months,
the Peace and Love we seek in our homes
were lost to violence and danger.
HOME did not shield them or comfort them.
Amidst the threats and injuries, many LOST HOPE.
But those 313 called for help.
Those who came for services received:
- SAFE SHELTER through safe, secure living space, food, access to personal care products.
- EMOTIONAL AND PRACTICAL STRENGTH to make it through the civil and criminal court systems through Advocacy focused on their needs.
- EMOTIONAL AND PRACTICAL STRENGTH to gain access to a variety of non-court related income, employment, educational, and health services.
- RESOURCEFUL LIFE PROGRAM to help sustain safe living without being dependent on an abuser via workshops on budgeting, banking, credit, and smart consumer tips.
- CRISIS INTERVENTION for callers needing advice, emotional support, safety planning, information and referrals through hotline calls.
- PUBLIC EDUCATION on the dynamics of domestic and sexual violence through presentations to civic organizations, church groups and social service providers.
PLEASE HELP RESTORE HOPE TO THOSE WHO SUFFER:
NOTE: In addition to being tax deductible on both your federal and state tax filings,
your gift of $100 or more qualifies for an additional 50% tax CREDIT toward your
Missouri Tax Liability.
How to Give:
1. By check: Use the enclosed envelope. Checks can be made payable to Turning Point.
2. By Credit Card: Go to www.TurningPointDVS.com/home/donate to use our secure PayPal site.
Please call for more information: 636.456.1186.
Thank you for your caring concern and past support.
Please know the staff and board send best wishes for a Peaceful and Loving holiday season!
And don't forget to order through this link when you are shopping at Amazon.
Each purchase sends a few pennies our way, and pennies soon turn into dollars!