Supporting Survivors of Domestic and Sexual Violence!
TURNING POINT INVITES YOU TO...
THE ANNUAL FUNDRAISING FASHION SHOW!
MARCH 1, 2018
Pamper, enjoy, and decorate yourself.
At the same time, support other women and their children who need assistance in the wake of domestic and/or sexual violence.
TICKETS: $35 per person. Available online at
Rock the Runway will feature:
~ Fashions from the runway will be available for purchase!
~ Local businesses run or owned by women! For women!
Cocktails and Hors d'oeuvres:
~ Signature cocktails.
~ Fancy and Fun Hors d'oeuvres.
~ Representing YOU!
~ Real, beautiful women of many ages, body types and backgrounds.
~ Raffles, auction items, and just the right amount of class and silliness!
~ Celebrate the many ways women are beautiful.
~ Celebrate the many ways women survive through the help of other women.
Please gather your friends, family and coworkers, and join us as we
Rock the Runway for Turning Point!
For more information: 636.456.1186.
Can't come to the Fashion Show? You can still be a part of the help link:
Unfortunately, for the 313 survivors who received
supportive services and emergency shelter at
Turning Point in the last year,
the Peace and Love we seek in our homes
were lost to violence and danger.
HOME did not shield them or comfort them.
Amidst the threats and injuries, many LOST HOPE.
But those 313 called for help.
Those who came for services received:
- SAFE SHELTER through safe, secure living space, food, access to personal care products.
- EMOTIONAL AND PRACTICAL STRENGTH to make it through the civil and criminal court systems through Advocacy focused on their needs.
- EMOTIONAL AND PRACTICAL STRENGTH to gain access to a variety of non-court related income, employment, educational, and health services.
- RESOURCEFUL LIFE PROGRAM to help sustain safe living without being dependent on an abuser via workshops on budgeting, banking, credit, and smart consumer tips.
- CRISIS INTERVENTION for callers needing advice, emotional support, safety planning, information and referrals through hotline calls.
- PUBLIC EDUCATION on the dynamics of domestic and sexual violence through presentations to civic organizations, church groups and social service providers.
PLEASE HELP RESTORE HOPE TO THOSE WHO SUFFER:
NOTE: In addition to being tax deductible on both your federal and state tax filings,
your gift of $100 or more qualifies for an additional 50% tax CREDIT toward your
Missouri Tax Liability.
How to Give:
1. By check: Use the enclosed envelope. Checks can be made payable to Turning Point.
2. By Credit Card: Go to www.TurningPointDVS.com/home/donate to use our secure PayPal site.
Please call for more information: 636.456.1186.
Thank you for your caring concern and past support.
Please know the staff and board send best wishes for a Peaceful and Loving holiday season!
And don't forget to order through this link when you are shopping at Amazon.
Each purchase sends a few pennies our way, and pennies soon turn into dollars!